Add spice to your breakfast !
“Egg whites are recommended in most diets and I go nuts trying to think up new ways of making them interesting. I recently tried this version of the classic french toast. I call it Masala Toast. It’s easy.” – K
3 egg whites, beaten well
Half a small onion, chopped
A small tomato chopped
Some coriander, chopped
A pinch of chili powder
Salt to taste
2 slices brown bread
- Fry onions to a light brown in very little olive oil. Keep aside.
- Mix salt, chili powder, onion, tomatoes and coriander to egg whites.
- Cut the bread into 2 halves, i.e. triangles.
- Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a pan.
- Dip one triangle into the egg mixture. When soaked well, drop into the pan. Spoon some of the onion mixture on to the top.
- Let it cook on a slow flame for some time and when the egg looks set, flip it over carefully and cook the other side.
- When it is cooked, slide onto your plate and enjoy.
- Repeat with the other triangle of bread.
Tip : Cook on a low flame – you will need less oil.
Picture borrowed from http://www.builtlean.com/2010/10/12/top-10-fat-loss-foods/. This is a great article as well – Top 10 Fat Loss foods.