Much has been written and discussed about this uber-healthy diet and food lifestyle. I came across this set of simple RULES to print and stick on the fridge – so as you don’t forget, or wonder … or lapse. Even if you do, this daily reminder should put back on track very soon.
THE MED DIET RULES
- 2 portions or 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 portion or 25g walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts
- 7+ portions or 80g to 100g of fruit and vegetables
- 1 to 3 portions or 150ml dairy products
- 3 to 6 small portions or 25g wholegrain bread, rice, pasta or other grains
- 1 small glass wine (optional)
I love the last one, but the article goes on to emphasise that it is optional, so exercise some judgement.
- 2 to 3 portions or 100 to 150g fish or any other seafood
- 3 + portions or 150g cooked weight of pulses
- 1 to 2 portions or 100 to 150g poultry
- Up to 4 portions or 85g to 125g red meat
In addition, minimise sugar, salt and processed food, fill up on fresh vegetables and salads, use olive oil and butter ( yes, butter !) instead of vegetable oil and margarine.
And follow the RULES as a guideline .