Pesarattu or Dhal Dosa
- Whole green moong dhal, sprouted
- Half and half of split yellow and green moong dhal
- A handful of rice (for crispness)
- Red chili
- A pinch of hing or asephoetida
- Onions, coriander and curry leaves, finely chopped
- Soak the dals overnight.
- Grind to a fine paste with the rice, chili, ginger and hing.
- Stir in onions, coriander and curry leaves.
- Make dosas – no fermenting of the batter required.
Serve with Garlic Chutney.
- Dry red chili
- Freshly grated coconut
- A small ball of tamarind (to your taste)
- Saute the garlic, onion and red chili.
- Grind with remaining ingredients.
Picture of pesarattu from http://www.boldsky.com