Parsi Eggs aka Khagina
- Onions, sliced
- Green chilis, de-seeded, diced
- Couple of cloves garlic, minced
- Bit of ginger, minced
- Eggs (as required – we used four)
- Salt and pepper
- Plenty of fresh coriander, chopped
- In hot olive oil, saute onion, garlic, chili and ginger to a golden brown, making a ‘nest’ in the pan.
- Break the eggs carefully in, over this, close with a lid and let it set and cook.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with coriander.
Serve with a multi-grain bread, sausages on the side, Easter Orange marmalade, grape jam … and cups of hot coffee !!
‘Left Over’ Roast Chicken Sandwiches
A no-brainer ! Too sated for dinner, so carried over to breakfast and sustenance for long car journeys …
- Roasted chicken, flaked and mixed with chopped capsicum and mayonnaise
- Toasted / not toasted bread
- Arugula, herbs from the herb garden, spritzed with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Chopped apples
- A sprinkle of mixed nuts
- A knob of cheese – whatever’s going …
Assemble and enjoy with tall glasses of cold mineral water a la Nilgiris (and pop a lactose bacilli pill while you’re at it !)