A throw-it-together Salad to go with Roast Chicken
- Arugula from the herb garden
- Peppers, chopped
- Narsturtium flowers and leaves from the vine growing wild across the road
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Goat’s or feta cheese
- Dressing of honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Beetroot, lightly boiled, skinned, sliced
- White sesame seeds, dry roasted
- A small splash of cooking oil
- A dash of lime juice
- Fennel, chopped
- After dry roasting the sesame seeds, remove from heat, add the cooking oil and swirl.
- Add lime juice and salt to the beetroot, toss, pour the oil and sesame seeds over, toss, garnish with fennel.