Beetroot, Carrot, Sprouted Mung Bean and Mint Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Some days you just feel your palate need a cleansing crunch and this salad is perfect for it. I just happened to have the ingredients on hand and hoped it would work – and it did.
- I medium sized beetroot cut in thin strips – as close to julienne as you can be bothered with
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup sprouted mung beans
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves torn up a bit
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon style mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 generous tsp olive oil
- a squeeze of lime
- Lightly cook the beetroot in a small saucepan with a little water. You want to retain the crunch. Cool. (The beetroot can be left uncooked as well, depending on your preference. You may choose to grate the beetroot so it’s quite fine and doesn’t require cooking).
- Mix all the salad vegetables together in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Combine the two.
- Salt and pepper to taste … and it’s ready.