Came across this recipe, haven’t tried it out but sounds delicious.
- 2 bananas, unpeeled, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 slices pineapple, peeled, cored
- 2 mangoes, unpeeled, sliced to obtain 4 cheeks
- 1/2 cup gula melaka or palm sugar, chopped small
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- Roasted peanuts
- Mint leaves
- Heat a ridged grill pan, spray lightly with canola oil, heat to smoking.
- Place banana halves, cut side down in pan, leave undisturbed till sear marks form. Remove.
- Repeat with mango cheeks, followed by the pineapple slices.
- Carefully remove skin from grilled bananas and mango cheeks.
- Make the syrup by boiling the palm sugar and water, stirring to dissolve all lumps, then adding the rum. Keep aside.
- To serve, arrange fruit, drizzle with syrup, garnish with roasted peanuts and a sprig of mint.
Pix off the web, will upload the ‘done’ dish when its made, should be good.