This one’s a winner – saw the recipe somewhere and remembered to try it out. Light, and satisfying. Prepare earlier, assemble before serving.
- 2 pears and 2 apples, cored, sliced into 1/2 inch rings
- Olive oil, as required
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 60g proscuitto, sliced
- 60 g crushed pistachios
- 60g Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled
Prepare the Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 120g Roquefort or other blue cheese
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Roast the fruit first. Toss the slices with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in the oven till tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender/food processor, blend till smooth. Refrigerate. (Extra dressing can be used later as a dip.)
- Divide the arugula between 4 plates, stack the rings of roasted fruit in the middle, alternating between apple and pear, arrange proscuitto around the fruit. Drizzle dressing over the salad, sprinkle the pistachios and crumble the blue cheese over it all. Ready to go !