A breakfast staple in India, good with either bread or parathas, this is Mona’s delish version.
- 8 eggs, whisked with pepper, salt and a dash of milk
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- lots of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 big onions, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies, finely diced
- pinch of haldi (turmeric powder)
- a dash of garam masala powder
- a tsp or more of coriander powder
- a sprinkle of Kashmiri chili powder for colour or spicy chili powder for the bite
- In hot oil in a wok, sputter the cumin seeds, then add the onions and green chilies and fry till turning brown.
- Add the haldi, garam masala and coriander powders, fry a bit.
- Add the tomatoes and fry, then the chili powder of your choice, with salt.
- Fry again for a bit, then add the coriander leaves, stir.
- Add the eggs on a slow flame and keep stirring till done, making sure it doesn’t get too dry.