Mona has been turning them out, dish after dish, and here’s the latest.
- Spaghetti, cooked al dente in salted water with a dash of olive oil, reserve a bit of the water
- Prawns, marinated for 10 minutes with oregano, black pepper, salt and a dash of lime juice (optional)
- Red chilies, sliced
- garlic, finely diced
- shallots, sliced
- fresh basil, sliced
- In hot oil, over high heat, stir fry the prawns and sliced chilies till just done; keep aside.
- Add more oil to the pan, saute the garlic and shallots till golden, taking care they don’t blacken.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and salt as required.
- Add the prawns and chopped fresh basil, toss lightly, adding a bit of the reserved water if too dry.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and some more crushed black pepper, serve immediately.
Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm ….