This chicken dish was done in a very short time. The fresh fenugreek leaves made all the difference, I think, compared to the dried ones. Whatever the reason, this one is a winner.
- 500g chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 3 big onions, on the smaller side
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- 2 or 3 green chilies
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) or a cup of chopped fresh leaves
- 1 cup yoghurt, hung in muslin to get the thick curd
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 bay leaf
- Grind the onions, ginger, garlic and green chilies to a paste.
- Sputter the bay leaf in hot oil in a wok, add the ground mixture and keep stirring as you fry it over a medium flame till just brown.
- Add the chicken and saute for about 8 minutes, then add the yoghurt and a little warm water and cook for about 15 minutes or till done.
- Add the kasuri methi, pepper, garam masala and salt. Stir well, cook a bit more.
- Add the cream, swirl, and cook just a bit more.
Gosh, this was delish ! Went superbly with both naans and/or fragrant mint rice. Kudos to Mona, again.