- brinjals (aubergines) of any kind, cut in thinnish long wedges
- 1 big onion, sliced
- 1 heaped tsp ginger-garlic paste
- chili powder, to taste
- 1 big or 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup tamarind water (soak tamarind pulp in hot water for a bit, and extract clear tamarind water)
- a couple of spoonfuls fresh grated coconut
- In hot oil, fry the onion till glassy. Add the ginger-garlic paste and chili powder and cook till the ‘raw’ smell evaporates.
- Add the tomato and salt and cook to a paste.
- Add the brinjal pieces and the tamarind water and cook till just done.
- Garnish with grated coconut.
Images borrowed from the web.