Thrown together to no particular recipe, according to Navzer, this was another stellar pick on that cold Vancouver evening, along with the patates bravas.
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sliced lemon from zested lemon
- A slug of wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly roast fennel to release flavour and aroma over a low flame in a non-stick pan.
- Toss olives with lemon zest, garlic, olive oil and the wine.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, layer the sliced lemon, scatter the olives over the lemon slices and bake for 20 minutes.
Images off the net, with thanks.