A tapas dish from Spain, this is Navzer’s version, served on a cold Vancouver evening, quite the shining star among an abundance of delish platters.
- potatoes with skin, in small pieces, or small potatoes halved
- olive oil
- any hot sauce
- paprika or crushed red chili flakes
- chopped garlic, about 4 to 5 cloves
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tomato, pureed
- dash of ketchup
- chorizo or spicy Italian sausages, chopped, pan fried and kept aside
- Boil potatoes in a pan of salted water, till almost done.
- Drain and cool.
- Toss the potatoes in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, bake for 35 minutes till browned, edges crisp.
- Separately, mix 3 tbsp mayo, hot sauce to taste, paprika, chopped garlic, lemon juice and pureed tomato along with a dash of ketchup (for tang).
When the potatoes are slightly cooled, toss with the sauce/dressing and stir in the fried sausages.
Good both hot and cold, absolutely delicious in fact.
Images off the web, with thanks.