I wanted an easy recipe for mulled wine.
For 8 servings :
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 4 oranges, peeled, for garnish
- Combine cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cloves and star anise in a large saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour into mugs, add an orange peel to each and serve.
Time to jettison ‘healthy eating’ for a bit and indulge in some decadent food and drink. As in :
Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate Milkshake (for 2)
- 1 pint salted caramel ice cream
- 1 pint dark chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1 tbsp ground nutmeg
- Whizz on low speed till smooth.
- Add more milk for a runnier shake.
Recipe by Manfred Tham, chanced upon in some magazine in a salon.
Image borrowed from http://www.cheatsheet.com/life/7-easy-and-delicious-milkshake-recipes.html/?a=viewall
Festive times and festive evenings draw near and people on social media have now discovered the most indulgent dessert ever and they just can’t seem to get enough of it! The gluttonous red wine chocolate brownie is now red hot on social media …
Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake
- 200g plain chocolate
- 170g salted butter
- 250 ml red wine
- 250 ml caster sugar
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- cocoa or white icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
- Grease and line a rectangular baking tray.
- Melt plain chocolate with salted butter over a pan of boiling water.
- Add wine, caster sugar, light brown soft sugar, plain flour, beaten eggs, vanilla extract and instant coffee.
- Bake the mixture for 30-40 minutes in the oven.
- Leave to cool down and remove from the tray.
- Dust the brownies with cocoa or white icing sugar and voila!
From : http://www.ibtimes.co.in/why-this-chocolate-pudding-most-indulgent-dessert-ever-705023
And another !!
Red Wine Brownies with Drunken Cranberries
- ¾ cup red wine
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), plus extra for greasing
- 6 oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate (I used half and half)
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the red wine and cranberries together and allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour or until the cranberries look plumped.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8 x 8″ pan.
- Mix flour and sea salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl over boiling water, heat the butter and chocolate until just melted and mixed together.
- Remove from the bowl from the heat and beat in the eggs one at a time. (If the bowl seems very hot, you may want to let it cool for about 5 minutes before adding the eggs).
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix, then add the flour and mix well.
- Mix in the red wine and cranberries. Fold in walnuts, if using.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake for about 50 – 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with only crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan about about 25 – 30 minutes, then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Can’t wait to try them !
From : cookienameddesire.com, Amanda Powell