- 200g plain chocolate
- 170g salted butter
- 250 ml red wine
- 250 ml caster sugar
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- cocoa or white icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
- Grease and line a rectangular baking tray.
- Melt plain chocolate with salted butter over a pan of boiling water.
- Add wine, caster sugar, light brown soft sugar, plain flour, beaten eggs, vanilla extract and instant coffee.
- Bake the mixture for 30-40 minutes in the oven.
- Leave to cool down and remove from the tray.
- Dust the brownies with cocoa or white icing sugar and voila!
And another !!
Red Wine Brownies with Drunken Cranberries
- ¾ cup red wine
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), plus extra for greasing
- 6 oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate (I used half and half)
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the red wine and cranberries together and allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour or until the cranberries look plumped.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8 x 8″ pan.
- Mix flour and sea salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl over boiling water, heat the butter and chocolate until just melted and mixed together.
- Remove from the bowl from the heat and beat in the eggs one at a time. (If the bowl seems very hot, you may want to let it cool for about 5 minutes before adding the eggs).
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix, then add the flour and mix well.
- Mix in the red wine and cranberries. Fold in walnuts, if using.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake for about 50 – 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with only crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan about about 25 – 30 minutes, then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Can’t wait to try them !
From : cookienameddesire.com, Amanda Powell