I wanted an easy recipe for mulled wine.
This is by Ina Garten and sourced from Food Network.
For 8 servings :
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 4 oranges, peeled, for garnish
- Combine cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cloves and star anise in a large saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour into mugs, add an orange peel to each and serve.