I saw her grating, stirring, tasting and serving – all in a few minutes. This was it.
- Beetroot, grated
- green chili (as required), de-seeded and sliced OR one or two dried red chilies OR a dash of chili powder
- I tomato, chopped
- 1 big onion, chopped
- Juice of lemon – to taste
- In a splash of oil, toss in the fresh chili or dried chili or chili powder, if using.
- Stir a bit and add chopped onion.
- Stir fry till the onion is translucent, add chopped tomatoes and continue stir frying.
- When a paste forms, add the beetroot, stir till just cooked, add salt.
- Dress with fresh lemon juice before serving.
Healthy, and terrific with either rice, chappatis or wraps.
Pix from the net, with thanks.