Came across this recipe somewhere, can’t remember. Sounds interesting.
Mixed fresh Berries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh cherries or berries for garnish
- a small handful of toasted nuts – almonds, crushed pistachios, for garnish
Combine chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a container that can be sealed – like a mason jar.
Stir well, refrigerate overnight.
Top pudding with berries and nuts before serving, chilled.
Pix off the web, with thanks.
Another winner from the Kuko table !
Source and mix. Serve.
- Broccoli florets, steamed
- Pitted dates, sliced
- pomegranate arils
- toasted almond slivers
- honey mustard dressing
Honey Mustard Dressing
Honey mustard dressing
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- Mix vinegar, mustard powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, dijon and honey in a bowl.
- Whisk to combine, stream in the olive oil.
- Once combined and emulsified, taste, adjust salt, honey or vinegar as necessary.
Recipe for the dressing from http://violetmeyer.com/honey-mustard-dressing/
Discovered in Kitsilano, Vancouver, this salad and dressing was outstanding ; the kale elevated by the sharp contrasts between the piquant, nutty and sweet accents.
- Chopped apples
- olive oil
- orange juice
- balsamic vinegar
- shallots, diced
- garlic, diced
- red chilies
- sea salt
Most pictures borrowed from the web.
This worked brilliantly – easy, delish and convenient. The Cuisinart smoothie-blender is very ergonomic and this came out tops. And the Mason jars are great to walk around with …
The Banana Bonanza (for 2)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons raw oats
- 8 almonds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup vanilla flavoured Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 a cup (or to taste) skimmed milk
- a few cubes of ice
Blend, blend, blend.