Gluten free small batch toasted organic rice flakes, walnuts, flax seeds and palm sugar shavings. Would you buy ?
I don’t eat cereal … but if I did, I would.
I certainly would. How does it taste ? Been eating the muesli every day. Enjoying it, especially with virgin coconut oil, no milk.
It tastes great. Coconut oil ? Interesting. Doesn’t it taste oily ?
Yes, doesn’t sound too exciting !
Not oily in the least. Virgin coconut oil – very light. Getting to like it more and more.
Is the one you are referring to ?
‘… which I had it at your place a 100 years ago …’
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup wheat flakes
- 1 cup barley flakes
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups dried apple slices, halved
- 1/3 cup dessicated coconut (optional)
Mix all together, store in an airtight container.
Some additions : when serving, add a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil, powdered flaxseeds, a few almonds, some fresh blueberries, a tablespoon of pomegranate arils, chopped banana (if you like) and a handful of those millet flakes that are so crisp and crunchy.
Pix from the net.
The last entry, this one and the next two contain information on Mediterranean eating fundamentals. The credit for all the hard work and good information goes to the September 2013 issue of Good Housekeeping. They’ve kept it simple and made it easy !
Oatmeal with Fruit & Nuts
- Combine 25g rolled oats with 100g plain 2%fat Greek yoghurt and leave overnight.
- Stir in half a grated apple, 6 chopped almonds and 1/2 chopped mango.
Pomegranate & Berry Smoothie
- In a blender, whiz together 50g berries, 1/2 banana, 50 ml pomegranate juice and 125ml low-fat yoghurt with a handful of crushed ice.
- Serve with 6 walnut halves.
Yoghurt & …
Combine 150g plain 2% fat Greek yoghurt with any
one of the following :
- 1 tbsp roasted chopped pistachios, 2 chopped dried apricots and a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 85g berries, 1 tsp orange blossom honey and 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 sliced nectarine, 1 tsp runny honey and 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Combine 25g rolled oats, 2 tbsp plain 2% fat Greek yoghurt, 2 chopped walnuts, 2 chopped dried figs and 2 chopped dates. Serve topped with a few berries.
Scrambled Eggs, Med style
- Beat 2 eggs with 1/4 diced pepper, 1/2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 tbsp sliced olives and 4 halved cherry tomatoes. Cook in a non-stick pan with 1 tsp butter over a moderate heat, stirring, until just set.
- Serve with a slice of thin toast.
Toast with Cheese, Fruit & Nuts
- 1 slice wholemeal toast spread with 1 tbsp or 25g Philadelphia Light, topped with 1 sliced pear and 2 chopped walnuts.
Fresh Fruit Plate
- 200g prepared fruit such as peaches, strawberries and oranges, 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds, hazelnuts or cashews and 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds.
That’s one week of recipe options !!
Photograph borrowed from http://www.violetfashionart.blogspot.com.